My Fabulous Friends

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Weekly Recipe - Flax Seed Crackers

So as I was doing some research today on flax seeds I came across this recipe that I really want to try. If any of you do try it, let me know what you think and I will do the same. Enjoy!

Ingr:
1 C flax seed meal (or just grind your own flax seeds)
1/3 C Parmesan cheese, grated
1 and 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C water

Prep:

Heat oven to 400F

1. Mix all ingredients together

2. Spoon onto sheet pan which is covered with a silicone mat or greased parchment paper.

3. Cover the mixture with a piece of parchment or wax paper. Even out the mixture to about 1/8 inch. ( can use a straight edge, like a ruler or rolling pin - the important thing not to let it be too thin around the edges or taht part will overcook before the center firms up). After you spread it out, remove the paper and go around the edges with your finger and push the thin part inwards to even it up.

4. Bake until the center is no longer soft, about 15-18 minutes. If it starts to get more than a little brown around the edges, remove from oven. Let cool completely - it will continue to crisp up.

5. Break into pieces

The whole recipe is 6 grams of effective carbohydrate plus 35 grams of fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your feedback!